Black Friday is ALL ABOUT LACE. Watch and learn how you can get $15 off your first panty and bra set from The Philly Bra Lady! Black Friday Just Got Sexy. Like us on Facebook now for official #BlackLaceFriday alerts and updates.
POWERCHICK? Yes thats right Powerchick! A Powerchchick is defined as, A female whose ambition converts into success; who relentlessly works on turning her dreams into reality.
Deeply rooted in entertainment Christina Mendez is the grand-daughter of meringue King Joseito Mateo and so she was born to be extraordinary. A big dreamer from childhood, she has always wanted to be a model and in 2006 her dream came true. Now in between casting calls, she’s an activist for autism awareness, crawls after her 8 month old daughter, and attends a Yankee Game whenever she can! Its Fun, its hectic, its challenging, its life in the fab line!
Well, we’ve been tailgating Christina since her debut on BET’s Rip The Runway (a few years back) so, when we got the opportunity to meet her at New Jersey’s Full Figure Fashion Week last month we were truly beside our selves. Beautiful, gracious and powerful are words that come to mind when we think of Christina. Heres what Christina had to say about being a Powerchick, a title which she humbly accepts …
” I’m known for creating my own path in my career and because of my strong will and determination I’ve been able to succeed in what I want to do.”
Currently located in New York, Christina spent some time living in Atlanta, Ga while she attended Morris Brown College.
” Before I was a model I worked as a project manager for a major telecommunications firm”
“As a mom I wear NO MAKEUP, I dress in yoga wear and usually a baseball hat (Yankees preferably). I try to look and feel comfortable because I have an active 8 month old and a 15 year old . As a model I wear 5+ inch heels!”
Well said Miss Mendez & We Could Not Agree More! To contact Christina be sure to follow her via Twitter @ChristinaMendez! For all other inquiries please visit her site Christina Mendez.
Powerchicks is one of our newest blog series written to inspire our readers to be powerful as women, do what they love and never settle for less!
If you are a Curvy Fashionista than most likely you will know why we are excited for this weekend, if not thats ok! This weekend is Full Figure Fashion Week in New Jersey (atlantic city to be exact)! Which is a weekend long Fashion Extravaganza Celebrating Curvy and Plus Women! Can you say amazing! There will be runway shows, panel discussions, shopping, cocktails, and celebrities!
To top things off this year Skinny Minority is an Offical Sponsor for the event! Words can not express how amazing this opportunity is for us! We’re glad to have all the support of our faithful readers (you), side 7 productions, 100 business girls and of course our friends and family.
In addition to all of this amazing news we will also be debuting our new fitness tee’s this weekend at the event!!! Although they will debut this weekend, our online shop will open in May! So if you will not be at #FFFWNJ here is a quick hint to what inspired our tee… remember its just a hint 🙂
Lol! Don’t Hate Me! Love You Mean It! And please drop us a line below or via twitter (@skinnyminority) and let us know if we will see ya in Atlantic City!
THIS YEAR WE ARE TAKING A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO LIVING A GLAMOUROUS LIFE, THIS YEAR WE ARE TRADING TEAR DROP DIAMONDS FOR PEARLS OF SWEAT AND CARB-FREE WEEKS FOR PIZZA FILLED WEEKENDS! LADIES ITS TIME TO KICK THINGS UP A NOTCH. BEING FASHIONABLE MEANS LOOKING GREAT INSIDE AND OUT! YOU CAN’T HAVE FASHION WITHOUT FITNESS AND FITNESS WITHOUT FOOD.
To top things off here are some daily tips from Martina Liverani via Vogue Curvy.com on loving your body and your whole self, mind, body and spirit more each day! Take a few moments read the list, our personal fav is #7 on respecting the body! As always Thank You so much for reading and mark those calendars!
1. Loving your body is a daily process: do one little thing every day, and make time to dedicate exclusively to yourself.
2. Loving your body is not an abstract concept: it goes together with perspectives, attitudes and concrete actions to apply day by day.
3. Loving your body, fulfilling your dreams and following your passions is not a question of weight: there’s no need to wait to lose weight before being the person you want to me. It’s better to start pursuing your dreams immediately.
4. Everyone should be respected and pampered regardless of their size, weight or the shape of their body.
5. Ad campaign images and the ones in the magazines are absurdly over-retouched in Photoshop. This is why the women seem so perfect: but you can’t be like models who don’t exist in the real world.
6. Just because everyone is on a diet does not mean that this is the right thing to do: slimming diets don’t work and they aren’t good for you.
7. Having a positive perspective on your own body does not just mean loving your thighs, your stomach or your buttocks. It means taking care of yourself, respecting your body and keeping it healthy – and checking and looking after it when it’s sick.
8. It’s important to develop a sense of gratitude for all the incredible things, big and small, that our body helps us do. It’s a perfect machine, but one you need to keep healthy.
9. Learn to understand and interpret the bad habits that damage your positive perception of your own body. Try to analyze and avoid them.
10. Loving your body also means wearing whatever clothes you want –not just black (because it’s slimming) or large sweat