Yesterday was day 1 of my new online fitness challenge, and trust me I wish it was day 21 already. Don’t get me wrong I love working out! I do… I actually look forward to it. Its just that I’m tired of being on the weight lost roller coaster. Holla’ if you hear me!
But one thing I’ll always love about working out is shopping for fly workout gear. That includes bras! Hello I am the Philly Bra Lady! I love all things bras, even sports bras! And when it comes to keeping your boobie bounce to a minimum I’m your girl. Here’s why your sports bra is actually THE most important bra in your undie drawer!
A huge number of women are experiencing some breast injury from tissue moving up and down or in and out during exercise,” says Susan Nethero, founder of the bra emporium Intimacy.
- Did you know that not wearing the proper fitting bra while working out can lead to breast injury?
- Back pain and muscle inflammation
- It can also lead to stretch marks and sagging
And before you think that your B-cups have blessed you with the ability to skip the bra, think again. Even the smallest sizes can experience permanent damage to connective tissue over time if you neglect to give them the right support.
Believe it or not wearing a sports bra is actually a common occurrence, especially in smaller-chested women who don’t think they need the flattening or sometimes uncomfortable support that sports bras provide. Many other women think a built-in shelf bra is enough for any workout but it is simply not enough support. The truth is that the right support is essential during a workout, especially a high-impact one which includes cardio activities.
And whats the best way too avoid breast tissue injury…
- Get fitted, make sure your in the right size bra
- Pick sports bras with actual bra cups that run in bra sizes
- Stop wearing 2 sports bras at one time, Invest 1 quality sports bra
- Make sure your bra is the right size and has the right amount of support
Here are my picks for best Sports Bra