Being a fashion girl and professional fashion stylist Fall is undoubtedly my favorite season of the four. Why you might ask? Well simply put the fashion is just better. Not to mention you get the most out of your wardrobe during Fall. You can wear your favorite summer dress (see how too here), rock leather at work (see how here), and choose to wear boots, booties or scandals… just take your pick. While spring is a close runner up, it just doesn’t have the je ne sais quo that Fall does. Need help conquering this seasons must haves and top trends. I got your back, your fairy style mother has the low down on what to buy for Fall.
- The Jumpsuit: I love looks that can go from day to night. This Jumpsuit from Eloguii (The Limited Plus sizes) does the trick. Its covered so you can wear it to work (and wear a bra) but, stylish enough to wear for girls night out or happy hour drinks. Pop on a blazer or waist coat and you’re ready for the day…and night.
- The Red Satchel: I love a red handbag and satchels are the it bag for Fall. The fashion authorities are saying small bags are on trend but, we are Grown Ups, with grown up needs & schedules. I love big bags and that will probably never change. This new satchel satchel style handbag from Coach is ideal for The Girl On The Go, Moving Mommies and Moguls in Training! I’ll be adding this to Birthday Wish List! #Musthave
A satchel is a bag, often with a strap. The strap is often worn so that it diagonally crosses the body, with the bag hanging on the opposite hip, rather than hanging directly down from the shoulder. They are traditionally used for carrying books. The back of a satchel extends to form a flap that folds over to cover the top and fastens in the front. Unlike a briefcase, a satchel is soft-sided
- Edgy Bootie: I’m currently obsessed with booties. THERE IS NO BETTER STYLISH YET COMFORTABLE SHOE. And yes it beats out a flat in my book any day. These Dolce Vita booties are the business and due to the cool details (sling back and zipper embellishments) this can quite easily become your weekend warrior choice for footwear. Wear it to the park with your kids, shopping with your girls or date night with your bae!
- Distressed Black Jeans: I love distressed jeans and although they might not be for everyone they are certainly on trend. The ones pictured above are a mild version of distressed jeans for the you to try-out the trend. Need help finding a brand to fit your curves check out, our curvy girl’s guide to jean shopping part 1 and 2.
- Olivia Pope Coat: Wool blend coats are the #1 Must have for Fall 2014. And who better to look to for inspiration than Prime Time’s Most Fashionable Woman Olivia Pope. The Cabi Coat vs. The Mango Coat.