Nothing says chic on the go like a trench coat. Its one of those timeless pieces that will never go out of style. It goes with anything you have in your closet. Trust me. You can dig out your old college sweatshirt, your favorite jeans paired with your sexiest heels or flats and you will look perfect. Provided that you add a little lip and lash ( gloss and mascara). The cherry on top of this style sundae… the trench.
I don’t know about you but when the weather breaks my social calendar fills up pretty fast. From Happy hours to bridal showers i feel like I’m always on the go. Add in working and blogging and I’m never home. Just talking about it makes me miss my bed already. But whats a girl to do, well if you are like me your RSVPing your butt off and trying to make everything fit. You only live once right?! In light of this, I have put together a few amazing looks to cool, cute and comfort all summer long. Y’all know me so dresses and jeans/shorts it is. Up first a sapphire wrap dress I designed myself because every gal should have one.
DEETS OF THE LOOK
- Trench Coat: New York and Co. (old) (similar)
- Wrap Dress: KRA
- Handbag: Henri Bendel (similar)
- Shoes: Shoedazzle (similar)
WHY THIS LOOK WORKS
- Its simple but powerful. The color of the wrap dress and the handbag stand out. A sapphire color dress is unexpected. They normally are black or navy. But this shade of blue is special. Color can change the character of an outfit.
- The ease of the look; there are only 4 elements, coat, dress, shoe, bag. The dress is sleeveless which makes it good for just about any season. I love that. The coat is interchangeable, you wear it if it chilly, remove it if it gets hot.
- Its easy to recreate. Many women like to shop and purchase the store window. That way they don’t have to think about getting dressed. Although, I intentionally wore a wrap dress its not essential for this look. It can be any dress, or any blue dress of that matter. But wrap dresses look good on every body shape. Ladies remember to have have fun with fashion.
MY TIPS TO LOOKING CHIC ON THE GO
- Less is more. Find great pieces with pretty or tough details. Let fashion do the work for you. Its all about the details.
- Don’t be afraid of color. Start small and work your way to big.
- Fit is key. Your clothes need to fit so you don’t have to fuss. Too big is just as bad as too short, long or small. They are all wrong.