Hey Guys & Dolls
As you know Skinny Minority is all about helping people, specfically women, have a better relationship with Fashion, Food and Fitness. We do that by providing you with the BEST Solutions for your fashion, food and fitness challenges. And speaking of challenges I’m putting myself to a challenge…
You see it everywhere, “Walk Off The Weight” and being the competitive athlete that Iam (not even) I always blew this off, until two years ago. This time 2 years ago I was 45lbs lighter. I had a new body, new eating habits and was almost addicted to working out. While home visiting my family I took a spin class and the instructor pulled me aside after class and asked me why i was working so hard in class. I told her I had lost 40 lbs and I wanted to lose my last few pounds. She told me that if I wanted to lose it all I had to do was walk FIVE/SIX MILES, FIVE/SIX time a week and the weight melts off. I thought about our conversation long after the class and I was really unsure about it.
But I eventually took her advice and she was right, the weight did melt off, I lost 15lbs in 6 weeks. I was thrilled.
Fast forward to now and needless to say I’m not the same weight but, I can atest that power walking is the best exercise I’ve ever done in my life. I’ve had trainers (who i adored), chubby buddies, step class, boot camp, you name it. But it wasn’t until I started walking that I saw great results in what seemed like no time.
So now in 2012 I’m back on the trail, power walking as much as I can. And with that I’m challenging myself to walk 5-6 miles, 5 times a week. So far I’ve been doing this for about 6 weeks I think, I started in July and now its darn near September. So my challenge is to keep this up until the end of the year.
WHY AM I DOING THIS…
1. I love my body: And I want it to look its best. Real talk sometimes I wish I could pull off being 186lbs but I can’t! Shoutout to all the girls who can and do! Werk it!
2. I will be healthier: The more active you are, especially as a woman you put yourself at a lower risk for heart disease, hyper tension, stroke, and diabetes.
3. I want to be a jogger: When I was working out and losing before I got to the point where I could jogg 2.5 miles. And I felt amaze. My goal was to be able to 5 jog. I need to accomplish that goal.
4. 17 Again: When I went on my senior prom I had just lost a bunch of weigh and my body hasn’t looked like that since my freshmen year of college. Bringing My Grown Woman Sexy Back, lol.
5. Lead By Example: Besides my wonderful readers, I have some special girls in my life and I need to be the best example for them that I can be. And yes, that means being healthy and amazing inside and out.
And so this challenge is apart of my personal life with Fashion, Food & Fitness that I would like to share with you all. Please continue to get to know me Karima, the girl behind the brand as I share pieces of life in these post. Oh, and don’t forget to see what I’m wearing, eating, and how I’m working out FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @SKINNYMINORITY.