This month Lucky Magazine featured model Selita Ebanks and her version of a Perfect Wardrobe.
My strategy: Stock your closet with both polished and playful pieces. You can mix and match them to create different looks, from professional to super sexy. Say Selita.
I agree, as a stylist I’ve noticed that most women don’t have clothing that can multitask. Just because you work 40 hours/week in an office doesn’t mean your entire closet should be filled with suits. We as women and as consumers have to learn to shop more effectively, thats really getting the bang for your buck.
I like this feature so much that I searched my closet to see if I had the items that made Selita’s list. I also wanted to show my curvies that we too can re create this straight size models looks!
Heres My Selita Approved Perfect Wardrobe!
1. Embellished Sweater: I’m not a sweater girl but its one of my favorite fall/winter pieces. I got this from one of my favorite vintage store in philly Wilbur Vintage. Oldie but Goodie :)
2. Collar Tuxedo Shirt: I wore this earlier this year for my Tuxedo On Top, Red On Bottom post. This is silk top is from Zara and another fav. All of my white blouses were awaiting washing so I couldn’t feature them but, white crisp blouse it a definite must.
3. Nude Pumps: These Shoemint lovelys are some of my favorite shoes to wear! I wore them in my Race Street Pier Swag post as well. They are so comfortable and go with EVERYTHING!
4. Printed Blouse: This blouse is actually polka dot! You know I LIVE for a good polka dot! Its a long sleeve vintage number that I also got from Wilbur. See my spots better below.
5. Booties: OMG! I can’t even tell you how much I adore these wedge booties from Report Shoes. They are so LES downtown grunge! I say that because I’m the heel girl, so to wear these is kind of a big deal for me. But I truly love them. They have be wanting Doc Martins!
6. Messenger Bag: Selita features her clutch bag and Ive said before that I have a love/hate relationship with clutch bags so I featured this metallic. Metallics are so on trend right now which helps to make this bag so versatile. And because this bag metallic its very appropriate for dressing up.
7. High Low Boots: We know the high low skirt and dresses but, what are high low boots. High on the leg, low on the heel. These boots are also a wedge and by Report Shoes. I’m all about the wedge this Fall because I need to have height while I run around all day.
8. Jeggings: A curvy/plus girl must have jeggings. I have 47inches hips so yes quality jeggings in a dark was are a must. Check out what jeggings I like the best in my Best Jeans For Curvy Girl Report.
9. Statement Jewelry: I love bracelets and these are some of the ones I wear everyday.
10. Stretch Sift Dress: Selita did cheetah and I choose hot pink. This dress fits me like a glove. I got it from Ann Taylor and wore it to an entrepreneur event this summer and stood out in the crowd.
11. LBS: I just brought this skirt and I can’t wait to wear it. This Little Black Skirt is from Talbots and cost me $109 on SALE! I had so much fun trying in the dressing room but, this was the best splurge/investment I made this year.
12. Fur Shawl: This was passed down to me from one of my aunts. Its so Rachel Zoe isn’t it. Selita’s can be belted and so can mine. I don’t wear it often but I hope to rock it on Turkey Day before it gets too cold.
So thats a wrap! Whats in your Perfect Wardrobe? Did i miss any curvy girl must haves? Let me know in the comments below or Tweet me @SkinnyMinority.