Women need to be more active! I know some of you reading this may be thinking “is she crazy, I’am active.” Running around in our daily lives whether its after our kids, cleaning the house or doing errands it’s simply not enough.Two years ago I became addicted to working out. In fact I’m one of those people that when I really find an activity that I love I look forward to doing it.
We as women have to put our selves higher on our priority list, starting with our health. Each day I try (yes try) to be active for 30 mins. Even a small change, being active for 30 minutes daily can increase your life span by three years. My current activity of choice is jogging! I love it, I also suggest power walking especially if your just starting out. Currently it takes me 45mins to jog 3miles. I know that may seem like a far distance but, once you get started its not. All you need are a few must haves to get you thru here are mine…
1. My visor: Its spring time and when the sun is beaming on me during an outdoor workout I need protection! I hate having to workout in the sun without my visor! I have the exact one pictured above that I purchased for $5.99 from Wawa.
2. Footwear: I was recently gifted (from my other half) a pair of Nike Airmax’s! Love’em for 2 reasons (1) they are Skinny Minority Purple and (2) the super cool and comfy air bubble to cushion my heel & arch. FYI I’m flat footed so it definitely makes all the difference.
3. The Perfect Tee: I love love love wearing our new fashion fitness tee! Its cute, stretchy and bold. Its the perfect tee to wear while for Zumba, Errands or Jogging! Available for Purchase 5/1/12.
4. Music: No matter what type of workout I’m doing I MUST listen to music! Its keeps me motivated and in good sprits all workout long!
5. Hydration: Water, Gatorade or Powerade! Take your pick they help you to stay cool and keep you body calm while being active.
So ladies, lets run with our kids, schedule a hot yoga class, ride a bike or hit the pavement! Whatever you choose to do lets make a commitment to our selves to be more active! This commitment is not about a diet, quick fix or being skinny, this commitment is about being healthy. Your body will thank you both inside and & out!
If you would like to share with us the ways in which you are active please write us below! Curvy girls unite :)
PS: I’ll be trying out rock climbing this weekend!